Sunday, November 25, 2007

Giving Thanks






I always look forward to Thanksgiving...not just because of the great food, but the time with family and friends. This year we spent the day at Mama Judy's and had my family and Denise over. We had a wonderful time, and as you can see by the food, there was no shortage. Jason stayed up the night before smoking a turkey; he literally got up every two hours to take care of it. It was truly the most incredible tasting turkey...well worth the time spent! Mama Judy is the hostess with the mostess. She broke out her best China, and cooked and cleaned all day, we are so spoiled! We also got a special little treat from Amelia, Aunt Deb helped her make her hand print into a turkey...so sweet.


I love Thanksgiving day, because it is the one day I truly reflect on the blessings that have been poured out to me and my family. We are so grateful for our family, the friends we have in our lives, for each other, for the food on our table, and for the God we serve. (I also put a picture of Jason's 4x3 buck he got on his last hunt, we are thankful for that too!) We hope you all enjoyed time with your loved ones and felt truly thankful.


Love,

The Garretts



No comments: