Today started off as any regular day. Jason went to work, I went to work, Jacob went to school and Amelia went to Ms. Darlene's. Very normal indeed...too bad it couldn't stay that way. This evening, just before dinner, Jacob went to his best friend's house to meet his new dog, Copper, a Boxer. All went well until Copper decided he was going to bite Jacob. We are not talking a playful nip, we are talking a major bite. The bite was on Jacob's lip and took two very large chunks of skin out. I don't have a picture to show you, which I am sure you are happy about, but will try to get a picture up of the stitches. Stitches you ask? Oh yes, our day does not end here. Jason took Jacob to the Emergency Room while I stayed home with Amelia, who was also not is a great mood due to her molars cutting. We had some major, unexpected snow today and it was a complete white out on the highway. Jason was cruising along and hit something very large, what he is pretty sure was a deer. Once he got to the hospital for the Dr. to inspect Jacob's damage, Jason went to inspect the deer's damage. The deer took the whole undercarriage of the Accord completely out. So, while waiting for the Dr., Jason had to file a claim with our Insurance Company. After the Dr. gave Jacob some numbing solution, they preceeded to wait 2 more hours before getting Jacob's 8 stitches, 4 on each gash. So, now it is 10:30, Amelia is asleep, the boys are home and settling in and we are hoping and praying tomorrow will truly be a regular day!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YUK!!! When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? How is Jacob feeling today? I hope he heals quickly! I love you my friend...hang in there!
Post a Comment