Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Listen To Our Hearts

Today I was driving home with Amelia and was completely overwhelmed with gratitude, which I have to say is not where my heart has been lately. I saw an old friend at another old friend's memorial a couple weeks ago and we were talking about how tough 2008 has been and it was only March! I said how I really would like to get through this year and start fresh. I hadn't thought much about that until today.

Today I received wonderful news that my dear friend Jennifer is going to be picking up her baby from Guatemala in a few weeks. She has been through an awful, heartbreaking journey, and has come through it with grace and now she is getting her baby! Then, I followed that up with an email from my other dear friend, Michelle, wonderful news of the birth of her baby girl, Ella. This followed up by a call from my other dear friend, Meredith, an update on her adorable baby boy, Jonas, who is thriving and wonderful. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude as I looked back at my sweet Amelia in the backseat saying, "Mama, home." This year has started out so hard, but the blessings have never stopped. My sweet niece, Ava was born this year. My sweet cousin, Amy, is now expecting their first baby in November. And my other cousin, Annika had her first baby, Kellan, just a few weeks ago. It reminds me of God's love, his faithfulness and compassion. His mercy on those who are faithful and trust in him in the hardest, darkest times. And, in typical God fashion, the oldie but goodie Christian song, Listen To Our Hearts, by Geoff Moore and the Distance came through my car speakers. My heart was softened and the words brought tears to my eyes. So, I wanted to share them here with you, you can click on the link to hear it by Geoff Moore. It will warm your heart and remind you of the fullness of God's love. I pray you all have a very blessed week. And, to my friends who have just had healthy, beautiful children, love on them a little longer (as Drea reminds me daily...thank you, Drea!) and be thankful. To my friends who are waiting on their children to arrive, be faithful, God is good...wait for his timing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxcSnMFt98

1 comment:

oodrea1221 said...

YOU are very welcome Becca and I'm so thankful that God has blessed you with such an awesome family for you to love on so much! THANK YOU for this blog and the one with the pics (LOVE THE PICS!)... it just reaffirms how awesome our God is...I was just updating my blog from the wonderful weekend I just had (and it's only Saturday) in Colorado Springs, studying & worshiping with Beth Moore and some of my lady friends...and we were singing a Geoff Moore song!! Sheila had sung it at her wedding--If You Could See What I See! My speakers on my computer aren't working right now, but I'm totally singing with you... as we walk along this path together, with our Lord by our sides and good friends and family right there too...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! And thank you for confirming that some people do listen to some of the things I say (I talk so much, I'm never sure...but God blessed me with another affirmation just today and it made my heart sing)! I'm going to sing myself off to sleep, as I'm only working on 3 hours (and a night on a much appreciated couch) and we're teaching Ashley's class tomorrow. She turned 3 today and I can't believe where the time has gone...just wait...you're going to turn around and Amelia is going to be 2...in just FOUR months!

LOVE YOU!
drea