Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One Proud "Mama"

This is what came to mind this past weekend when I saw my sister totally in her element at her first Craft Show. Now, of course I know I am not her mama, but I have never been more proud of my sis. It has been her dream for a long time to be in a craft fair, and not only was she in the biggest and most well attended craft fair in Colorado, she was amazingly successful. Now, let me just tell you that this woman had a baby in Feb., but that didn't stop her from starting to make her inventory. She has worked tiredlessly on all her crafts, mini albums, cards, calendars, etc. Now, don't get me wrong, I did a few calendars, some cards, etc., but nothing like what Deb created. I have always known my sister is amazingly talented, but what she absolutely astounded me with her creativity, and by the response she had, I was not the only one. I had a blast being with her all day, helping the customers, meeting new people, it was an event in her life I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on. I also want to mention our amazing friends and family who, without their support, she wouldn't have been as successful. So, to Denise, Michelle, Kristine, Dana, Mimi, Ali, LaDonna, Mom, Meredith, Kendra, Pat, and her friends at Cade's preschool, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support and your presence at the show for Deb. Many of you took time away from your families, drove from as far as Lakewood, and brought your kiddos, and it meant more than you know. Deb and I got tears in our eyes later that night as we debriefed at the amazing support we felt from all of you. Our last customer of the day was Jayne Anderson, my Paulie's mom. It was so wonderful to see her, and it made me miss you, Paulie, even more. It just warmed my heart that she thought of us and came to show her support. And, certainly not least to our Jason's...you two are amazing. We are both reminded daily of how blessed we are to have such wonderful, supportive husbands. Jow worked so hard on Deb's set up and take down and spent lots of time with us and offered some much needed comic relief :) My Jason, brought the kiddos to see me when I needed it the most, brought lunch, and held down the fort so I could focus on helping Deb. Thank you to you both! So, with the mushy stuff out of the way, here are some fun pics from "Simply Thoughtful." I am so proud of you Deb, for seeing your talent, finding your dream and making it come to life. You have truly inspired me, I love you, sis!

XOXO,
Becca



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for all the kind words Bec! Love you, Deb

Anonymous said...

HI!!!! My Mom said she saw you guys at the fair and you all got teary-eyed! So sweet!!! I miss you gals too!!! I SOOO WISH i could have been at the fair to support Deb. No boubt she did a great job! Thank you for the "SHOUT-OUT", big hugs and kisses!
Love Paulie