This is the man you all have been praying for, our Papa Garrett. I was talking with a neighbor today and he told me that times like these make you "contemplative." So, once I got home and talk to Jason and he told me that they had just brought his dad home from the hospital, I was overjoyed, and then found myself contemplative. Then, another neighbor came by to check up on us...have I told any of you we have the best neighbors ever!? I started thinking of the wonderful memories I have of Papa Garrett (Big Ken as we lovingly refer to him) and that I am not ready for those to be the only memories. I cannot express the appreciation Jason and I have felt for all of you who have called, emailed, come by, to show your support and share your prayers. We are a family that truly believes in prayer. I am reminded of a Jeremy Camp song that says, "To know that you hear every cry I raise to you, bringing thoughts of hope the words I bring I know are few, I know you understand it all." We know God hears every prayer and understands it ALL. And we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for yours. We know there is still a battle to fight, but we are a strong family and ready to battle together. Papa Garrett, we love you and so happy you are home where you belong.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
The Power of Prayer
This is the man you all have been praying for, our Papa Garrett. I was talking with a neighbor today and he told me that times like these make you "contemplative." So, once I got home and talk to Jason and he told me that they had just brought his dad home from the hospital, I was overjoyed, and then found myself contemplative. Then, another neighbor came by to check up on us...have I told any of you we have the best neighbors ever!? I started thinking of the wonderful memories I have of Papa Garrett (Big Ken as we lovingly refer to him) and that I am not ready for those to be the only memories. I cannot express the appreciation Jason and I have felt for all of you who have called, emailed, come by, to show your support and share your prayers. We are a family that truly believes in prayer. I am reminded of a Jeremy Camp song that says, "To know that you hear every cry I raise to you, bringing thoughts of hope the words I bring I know are few, I know you understand it all." We know God hears every prayer and understands it ALL. And we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for yours. We know there is still a battle to fight, but we are a strong family and ready to battle together. Papa Garrett, we love you and so happy you are home where you belong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you posted these, what great pictures! So glad Ken is doing better, he's in our prayers!
Deb
Post a Comment