This Father's Day was a little difficult being the first one without Jason's Dad. We really tried to focus on his Fatherhood (is that a word?). "They" say women choose men who remind them of their father and I have to say, though my husband and dad are very different in so respects, the wonderful character qualities I admire in my father, are the same I admire in my husband. They are both so loyal, loving, godly, practical, level headed, wonderful fathers. I was also blessed that Jason had a father who was very interested in his son's lives, hobbies, and children's lives. Jason has always said that his dad was very adventurous, always willing to try something new, and that he always felt safe with him in any situation. Well, that is a very good description of my Jason. He is very adventurous, tries everything and is so involved in Jake's interests, they normally become hobbies of his own. I am blessed to be surrounded by men who have been wonderful role models for my kids and who consistently lead by example. Jason, I want you to know that I am very blessed to have you as my husband and my children's father.
Here are some pictures from this year's celebrations. We had a very fun time at the park with Jason's family, a great brunch with my family, followed by a very long, very needed ride on the motorcycle, just me & Jason. That is what I love about the bike, you can't fit anyone else on it, just the two of us. Happy Father's Day, Jason. You deserve all you have received!
With MUCH love,
Rebecca
The Cousins Blowing Bubbles
A Garrett Brothers Favorite Past Time - Horseshoes
Amelia & Grandpa George
Ok, this is funny, there is a big hole dug under this climbing wall at the park, and Jason dared Jacob to put his head under it...the picture came out so funny! And, Jacob wasn't hurt during this stunt! :)
The Garrett Family on Father's Day
Papa & Ava
Daddy & His Kiddos
No comments:
Post a Comment