Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Little Down Time

I think that is a line in a country song my sister put on a CD..."I'm just lookin for a little down time"???Anyway, we had some! Jason and I went on our first, husband and wife only, trip since Jake moved in with us almost 5 years ago! It was much needed! We had a great time reconnecting and rediscovering our marriage...and just in time for our 7 year wedding anniversary! Man, time flies. Anyway, George & Judy were going on the cruise as part of a family reunion for Judy's sister-in-law's family, so we tagged on and had a great time! We cruised out of Long Beach, CA, went to Catalina Island, CA and Ensenada, Mexico, then a day at sea and home. On the way back, we spent the day in CA touring Hermosa & Venice Beach...we also went through Manhattan Beach...which made me miss my Paulie! We went on a rafting trip in Catalina Island and saw bald eagles, sea lions and seals. Then we rented a golf cart and toured all over the island...I loved it! Mexico was well, Mexico. We did go on a two winery tour which was great, and then shopped in downtown. I saw many little kids begging for the parents and it just broke my heart. The day at sea was fun, we entered into a slot tournament (no luck) but, we played Bingo and I won a free cruise for two! Yeah! We danced, ate, ate and ate some more, met a really nice couple who were our dinning buddies and laid around on the deck of the ship. We had a great time, but we were really eager to get home to the kiddos. Jake did great with our neighbor & friend, Bryan and Amelia was in the mountains with Mum Mum & Papa, being spoiled rotten. The time was great! Jason and I had a great time with his parents and a wonderful, relaxing time together. Now...back to the grind

!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great trip!!! Are those pictures of Mexico/Catalina? I went to Catalina once when I was a kid and remembered it was really nice. How was Manhattan Beach??? Some day I'll get to go back there...thank you for thinking of me!! That's awesome you won a cruise!!! You lucky dog :)
love you!
Paulie